Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to work, and other madness

Whew! It was a busy weekend, and a busy start of the week too. First, I had to prepare for and then go compete in Geeks Who Drink's 3rd Annual Harry Potter Trivia Quiz, which was great fun. Even more fun? Being able to confidently leave the Snush home with my husband and not worry one bit. Anyway, our team tied for ninth, out of (I think) 76 teams. Not bad!

The very next day, Sunday, was my first day back at work from maternity leave. I'm currently working full time, but from home, for a technology giant, which definitely has its perks. Working Sundays? Actually not as bad as you might think. It means that my weekend is Friday and Saturday, for one thing, and having a day off during the week is invaluable.

Things have been a little hectic, though-- mostly technical difficulties. Who knew that being gone for twelve weeks would mean so many roadblocks to coming back? I spent Sunday and Monday mostly twiddling my thumbs and waiting for my trouble tickets to be resolved. That, and wading through approximately 800 emails...

In other news, I've read and signed the "Support With Integrity" pledge-- a pledge to support mamas who choose to breastfeed without judgement. Being a breastfeeding mama myself, this isn't exactly hard for me to get behind. Behold, the beautiful pink badge:


Support with Integrity

Shiny, no?

I'd strongly encourage you to read and sign the pledge yourself, if you're supportive of those who choose to breastfeed. It's important to note that the pledge specifically states that there is no implication of condemnation for those who chose not to or cannot breastfeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment